EURO 2020: Who has Qualified? Who Can Still Qualify?
The EURO 2020 is expected to begin next summer and teams are already booking spots at the exciting championship. There are two ways to qualify: finish as top two in a qualifying group or play well in the play-offs. The group phase will see 20 nations progress to the tournament, while the play-offs will determine who secures the remaining four slots.
Of the available 24 spots, six are gone. The lucky teams include Belgium, Poland, Italy, Russia, Spain, and Ukraine. While Ukraine and Italy have already qualified as group winners, the other teams have not claimed their group’s top spot.
Who then can claim the remaining 18 spots in the tournament? These are the likely outcomes:
- England will qualify by drawing against Montenegro. However, the Czech Republic must beat Kosovo for this to happen.
- The Czech Republic must have victory over Kosovo to qualify.
- Portugal will qualify by beating Lithuania, but Luxembourg must beat or draw against Serbia to establish this.
- Serbia will only book their ticket by beating Luxembourg. However, they can’t if Portugal beats Lithuania.
- The Netherlands only need a draw to qualify.
- Germany’s qualification depends on a victory over Belarus and Northern Ireland’s inability to beat the Netherlands. Alternatively, a Germany draw and a Netherlands victory will send the former to the finals.
- If Georgia beats Switzerland, then Denmark will celebrate a victory over Gibraltar.
- Switzerland will book their spot with a victory over Georgia, but Gibraltar must draw against Denmark to confirm it.
- Croatia requires a draw against Slovakia
- Wales must win or draw against Azerbaijan
- A Swedish victory over Romania will grant them a spot in the tournament
- Austria only needs a draw to conform their spot in the tournament
- Turkey will get their tournament ticket by drawing against Iceland
- France must beat Moldova to qualify
- The most secure way for Finland to qualify is to beat Liechtenstein
There is no better time to place a bet than now. At this stage, you can forecast the winner in each of the remaining groups or the ultimate tournament winner. If you have the guts, then predict the top goal scorer or the number of goals your selected nation will win by. Better still, you can guess the scoreline at half- or full-time. Also, you can get big wins and experience thrilling moments by predicting whether a certain match will require overtime or penalties. In other words, there are countless options when it comes to predicting the outcome of the EURO 2020 qualifiers.